Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chemotherapy Treatment #3

Three treatments down, one to go. We had another busy and successful day at the Vermont Cancer Clinic. I was, of course, wearing my official chemotherapy ensemble which has at its foundation the wonderful Believe shirt provided by my friends Rob & Paula. When Charlie called them after my first surgery he used the phrase “we just have to believe we’re going to win, just like the Red Sox” (or something to that effect, I was still in recovery wondering if I was ever going to be able to open my eyes and not want to vomit). Rob got on the Internet and searched for a Red Sox Believe T-Shirt and shipped one up for both Charlie and I. As you can see I have worn this same shirt to each chemotherapy treatment because I do believe I will be a long-term cancer survivor!

Started off with a quick line insertion for a blood test (still loving that port), a visit with Dr. Muss, my Oncologist, who reviewed the blood test results and said I was doing great. Back to the South Pacific Pod to take my pre-med’s, which include a 125 gm pill and 2 bags of IV medication. The massage therapist came by and offered a foot massage, to which I happily agreed. Finally started with my first bag of toxins at 11:30 and finished up the third bag at 2:30.

Dr. Muss’ nurse Jean stopped by to check-in and say hello.

My quilt was quite topic of conversation in the clinic. A number of nurses and patients came over for a look and were very complimentary – both of the quilt and the great friends that put it together. I watched the video before I left home, so I started the day with an extra dose of love!

6 comments:

HJN said...

Bravo!! Bravo!! Bravo!! Keep up the good work. We love you, Denise.
Love, Mom & Dad Nagel

Anonymous said...

Hello my Poodle Friend;
I read your blog/diary with such amazement of your strength and bravery during this journey.
God Bless You,

Lori

Unknown said...

Denise, you are such an inspiration! I read all of the posts in one sitting today and I was moved to tears by your incredible strength and positive outlook. If only we could all be as "sunny" as you are.
I hope that your treatments continue to go well. I'll be praying for you!

XOXOX,
R.C. Whitehouse

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how you're doing and then remembered this very cool website Charlie forwarded. You're doing great and almost to the finish line.

Here's to you, Denise!
Julie

JMRAZ said...

Denise,
I just found the blog and it is a wonderful way to be in touch, though i hate the reason, yet who knows why things happen....
I really appreciate your willingness to share so much from your heart.
It helps to know that both you and Charlie are being well taken care of..

Jessi

Cheryl said...

Denise,

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. I too just finished my last chemo #4 on April 4, 2008. This is my second and hopefully round of breast cancer. I have a lot things I would love to share with you and ask you. Keep going forward. Read the book "the secret and "Finding your own North Start," recommended by Oprah. I think you will find them helpful. You can email me at ccrawford13@austin.rr.com if you feel like it. I wish you the very best. C crawford