Thursday, April 17, 2008

Halfway Point

It's hard to believe, at least for me, that I've passed the halfway point in my chemotherapy treatment. I've had two treatments and since the drugs do their thing for about 2 - 3 weeks after treatment I figure I'm halfway through today.

I must admit that I feel extremely lucky so far that I haven't really had too much trouble with side effects, although the famous fatigue that I heard about has set in and I am really tired, which is one of the reasons I haven't posted much this week. I can pretty much get to about 1:00 in the afternoon and then I really have to slow down. I'm still doing 1/2 hour on the treadmill every morning - I think that consistent exercise has been one of the reasons I've been able to get through as I have - although I do feel like I may be speaking too soon since I do still have two treatments to go.

Yesterday was Herceptin day and I am still in love with my port. I went without the Lidocaine to see how it was, and had no problem and only 1 stick. I went out to lunch afterwards with my friend Andrea and felt fine, but later in the day I started to feel ill and by the time 7:00 came around - I was off to bed with a funky tummy and what felt like the beginning of a head cold. Today the head cold continues, and I'm not sure if it's a cold or a Herceptin side effect, which are flu-like symptoms. Other side effects I'm experiencing are tender gums and sore hands - hardly anything too horrible.

Thanks to everyone reading for your wonderful comments and continued support - I so appreciate everything!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Just wanted you to know that Myra and I went to an LPGA tournament this weekend and got three pink bracelets for donating to SGK foundation. Myra's wearing HOPE...I'm wearing STRENGTH...and Mom's wearing COURAGE. You're in our thoughts every day.

Denise said...

Thanks Ann - that's great. I am blessed to have such a wonderful and caring family.