Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chemotherapy Treatment #1 Side Effects

So far, I have experienced very limited chemotherapy side effects. I had no real naseau, thanks to the great drugs I was given, but did have some quesiness and heartburn. I have discovered I can no longer tolerate foods with tomato - does that mean I won't be able to have a pizza until June??? Yikes! Once I cut out the tomato, my heart burn pretty much disappeared. I'm working with Instant Breakfasts for breakfast and dinner and trying for some solid food at lunchtime. I have a slight metallic taste in my mouth and my sense of taste has pretty much disappeared except for very strong flavors - I'm suddenly a peppermint patty fan. This morning I discovered if I put a layer of honey under the layer of peanut butter, I can get down some high-fiber toast.

The Herceptin (which I receive weekly) produces flu-like symptoms - sore throat and neck, slight ear ache.

No comments: