Thursday, March 20, 2008

Effects of Neulasta Shot

I did experience quite a bit of pain from the Neulasta injection I received the day after chemotherapy. Neulasta stimulates bone marrow to increase production of white blood cells which can cause pain in the "long bones", and in my case was quite painful. I was leary of taking additional medications, so I although I did take some Tylenol, I waited until the pain was close to unbearable. I found that baths helped and on Saturday took two! I now know that I should have taken Advil (3-4 of them) around the clock and could have avoided much of my discomfort. Lesson learned: my tendancy to tough it out will not serve me well during this experience. Most of this pain has passed, although I seem to be having trouble with pain in my feet during the night - last night was very painful.

No comments: