Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Night Stand Tableau

So, I rolled over this morning and was greeted by this scene and this is when it hit me - I'm sick. A person's night stand is an excellent window into their life at a point in time. My husband, for example, is an eternal optimist. I know this, because he always has at least 6 books on his night stand that he intends to read, but has only about 10 minutes a day to read them. I am sick. I know this because when I awoke this morning (I sleep on a platform bed which makes me eye level with my night stand) looking back at me was a row of perscription bottles, a box of tissues, Overnight Lip Therapy, saline spray, a bottle of water, a bottle of Advil and a bottle of Tyelnol and a container of Sunsweet Ones - individually wrapped prunes. Of course, I also have 2 containers of very nice lotion - rose for my hands and lavendar for my body, so it's not totally a medicine cabinet, but it is undeniable proof that I'm sick. I haven't really considered myself to be sick throughout this process. First I had surgeries, you have to recover from them, but that's not the same as being sick. I had 5 weeks of recovery in between, when I felt pretty good - I had books on my night stand then too. But now, it appears that I'm sick and have to own up to it, at least until I can figure out how to keep all this within reach, but not on my night stand.

What's on your night stand?

No comments: